Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

8020 Terex

Dave Neubert ยท 2021-04-16 16:15

Got this job this week rebuild engine have not seen one of these in 20 years

Replies13
  1. #1Dave Neubert2021-04-16 16:19

    850 JD tracks with 850 JD sprockets machined to fit he was lucky enough to find new rollers going to restore it

  2. #2d9gdon2021-04-18 11:21

    That's a neat project. For some reason, I like the Terex dozers but I've never had to run one.

  3. #3Huffa2021-05-18 04:27

    Wow any progress pics? Is it running a 671?

  4. #4Dave Neubert2021-05-18 05:43

    I got it tore down everything good inside and yes it has a 6V71T

  5. #5Vetech632021-05-18 08:09

    Reminds me of my Terex dealership days back n the early 80's. I hated the dozer work though, my preference was the scrapers.

  6. #6Huffa2021-05-18 13:48

    I would really like to get hold of an 8220 with rippers to push our TS14B's, not many around here tho

  7. #7Tones2021-05-18 14:35

    I think Paul Clark has a few and some a museum in Geraldine or you could go to Wanaka in 2 years a d get your fill.

  8. #8Huffa2021-05-18 15:21

    Yea I went to wanaka this year it was awesome

  9. #9Welder Dave2021-05-18 18:20

    Several years I was at an RB auction that had a really clean 8250 with the 12V71 win turbo I believe. Other than the blade creeped it was well looked after with fairly new undercarriage. Sold for 16K. If I recall it had a kind of odd Ateco ripper on the back. A rancher with a lot of land bought it and couldn't wait to get it hauled. It was the 1st machine to get loaded on one the haulers that is at RB, looking for work. Someone said Terex dozers were nose heavy. The 8250 was very clean and comments were made about it having very low oil pressure at idle but apparently that's normal too.

  10. #10Tones2021-05-19 06:36

    You luckily Hua

  11. #11Vetech632021-05-19 08:46

    They were Detroit 12V71TT's if I remember right. We had several rentals 8250's back when I was field service for the Terex dealer around 1983-85. I remember the operators wearing ear muffs running those..........no amount of soundproofing the cab did much good. Also, if I remember right, Detroit only spec'd their oil pressure with a minimum at high idle, which I'm wanting to say was 45 psi (not positive on that). It wasnt uncommon to see nothing on the oil pressure gauge at an idle.

  12. #12Welder Dave2021-05-19 11:15

    They are a big mean green machine. Were they pretty reliable if looked after? I have a little serial number guide and I think the one I saw was a 1980.

  13. #13Bluox2021-05-19 11:30

    12 V 71T 60 PSI @ full load ,5 PSI at idle Hot. Bob