Bought a rb auction special had “ steering issues” .... turned out tranny is bad , but bought it right so not disappointed. So we took it apart my mechanic says it was rebuilt with aftermarket parts that caused the damage . He says the friction disc’s are to hard and wear the pistons and the parts in between them wrecking them . I had a spare tranny that we took apart and used a lot of parts out of it to make one good one . Has anybody had issues with aftermarket parts the did that or found a source of good stuff at a reasonable cost ? I think the disc part number is 5s-7830... thanks hanco
What oil was used in the damaged transmission? Should be Cat Transmission Drive Train Oil Spec TO-4. Regular motor oil is to slick, leading to slippage and potential damage. Just a thought.
At one time CGR made decent aftermarket transmission parts. So did CTP. Unfortunately it's been a while and I don't know if that holds true today. Perhaps TC Tractors will respond and tell you what he's using these days.
Being an auction machine I have no history on what was used , it will cat oil going back in .
I have never had trouble with aftermarket fiction plates but sometimes the gear parts can be worrying, the piston seal ring can be bought oversize to allow for wear in the housing plus the correct setting of the control valves is something I would rather not get wrong, it's hard to comment on something you cannot see but I would be checking out all the case drain points for rubbish and looking into the filter case. tctractors