A few bugs here and there but at least it is back and working.
was this the one that was in the thread a while back buried up to the roof???
It gave stuck a new meaning!
GRUZ PLT - congrats on getting the cutter out and getting it back running. Have to ask, what is the story behind the first picture? Looks like a nice lawn and driveway there.
This was a landclearing job, and it was for a new sewer line. It lead us right down a bike path, and through some very friendly backyards!!! Here are some more pics.
bet they were loving the steel track marks on the bike path
Its good to see it up and running
Yea people like that always freak out, don't want to pay for plywood, and can't eplain why 6 months down the road the marks are gone. Great pics, how old is the machine?
It is a 2004 model
I need one of them to drop this huge pine that is dying on my property. I reckon the cost of wood would offset the cost of the job?
isnt that a waste of cash
Nice looking machine GRUZ PLT; I ran a 853 Tigercat buncher back in 95 or 96.It was an awesome machine( I think probably the quickest out at that time.)I used to bunch 10-12 inch spruce and pine with the hot saw head pulled in close to the machine and I turned up the track speed and would just use the drive motors to bunch.The boss didn't seem to care and I sure could drop alot of wood in a hurry.Might not have been the best for the buncher though!In my opinion Tigercat still is the best out there.Sure like your zero tail swing machine and glad she's out of the swamp!
how much did it cost to get it up and running again?
After all said and done, it was $110,000.00 and change.
Man that hurts, but it sure is good to see it back in action. One hell of a tool :notworthy Saw that one on Axemen ( yes I know you spell it without the E but we dont ) when the limb came through the roof.
where in ashford are you doing that building ,i am interested as i was in ashford with mowlem doing the renewal of the station
If you look at the arial pic you will see the CTRL as it goes south from the station the new building and all the rail yard is on the left, the station is literally right under the chopper where the pics are taken from. Its the maintenance shed for the new bullet trains that will soon be running into the city. When were you there? domestic or international station?
about 4 or 5 years ago we tied in the international to the domestic up to the canterbury line was there for two years
had another look at the photo and got it worked out al the track you see in the photo we replaced, the bottom end of the shed is where our offices where ,is balfour beaty's yard still there
He learned to bid safer jobs lol Nice job on cleaning that beast up, go to see it paying its way again.
Yes they are still over the other side of the mainline. I've got pics somewhere from when I worked on the line down to Folkestone before CTRL was built, will dig them out as I am sure that is where the dozer with wings on the blade, pictures must be that has been mentioned in other posts..
after a long night in the cat this was between the station and canterbury junction
ashford
Aesome Pic That first pic is AWESOME, Great Job shooting that pic. You should try and sell it to the Company that makes the attachment...:usa
Yeah that first pic was taken at just the right time. Very awesome machine. I would use that first pic as the background for some business cards or for a business flier. Just a thought though. Great to hear that its back to work though too.