Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

825 Bobcat won’t go forward on right side, only reverse.

Bullseye Beaver F. · 2025-11-23 17:15

I have a 825 Bobcat with steering issues I was asked to repair. The right side wont go forward, only reverse. No noises, fluid levels fine, all new filters and oil. Where should I troubleshoot now?

Replies4
  1. #1Arny L2025-11-23 21:16

    I would block machine up, and see if you can feel any binding, or difference from one side to the other. You could also check control rod ends for damage or missing pieces, its like a mini tie rod end.

  2. #2Welder Dave2025-11-24 00:25

    Yeah, if you could block it up would be best. You need to look at the linkage on the hydrostat and see if it's moving back and forth. On my old skid steer the arm coming from the hydostat pump broke and I had no drive on one side. There was also a roll pin holding the arm on that would have been near impossible to remove. I wrapped a wet cloth around the shaft and thankfully was able to weld the lever back together. It was pretty tricky trying to reach down and get a decent weld though. Worn linkages could also prevent drive.

  3. #3Bullseye Beaver F.2025-11-24 08:13

    Thank you for reply. Will check it out.

  4. #4Bullseye Beaver F.2025-11-24 08:14

    Thank you for your reply. Will check it out.