Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

85 g John Deere excavator regen

Anthony93 · 2023-09-16 10:01

So I’m trying to do a force regen on my excavator and I’m getting nothing. There’s a red light lit inside the switch but when I press and hold it it’s not going in to regen mode. It’s at a low idle and the hydraulics are off. What could cause it not to go in to regen mode? Tia

Replies11
  1. #1crewchief8882023-09-16 16:09

    engine probably needs to be at (minimum) operating temp to regen

  2. #2Anthony932023-09-16 16:26

    I had it running for about an hour and I still got nothing

  3. #392U 34062023-09-16 18:54

    Probably doesn't make enough heat without being worked.

  4. #4Anthony932023-09-16 19:36

    See that’s the weird thing. When the guys are running it the dpf light will flash but won’t regen at all. So I replaced the switch and now there is a red light on but when I pressed the button after they were working I got nothing

  5. #5ozarkag2023-09-16 21:58

    Any active codes? Flashing DPF light and no regen means likely has dpf codes. Could be as simple as a reset, with Service Advisor

  6. #692U 34062023-09-16 22:49

    Any active emissions related codes typically prevent the regen from taking place.

  7. #7mg23612023-09-17 06:37

    Does the machine run fine, or is it derated? To check for codes, click here to see a video on how to do it. It is a video on monitor usage, which includes access to the service menu and codes, posted by one of our members, John C. Post all the codes you find in the engine tab.

  8. #8Mang872023-09-17 07:34

    I have a Sumitomo that has the code 0101, I guess where is the solution, please help

  9. #992U 34062023-09-17 08:55

    Best to start a thread of your own since your issue is unrelated to the original post. It creates confusion when there are multiple machines and issues being discussed within a single thread.

  10. #10Anthony932023-09-17 16:41

    There are no active codes displayed. When it does flash it’ll derate itself and I guess the guys shut it off for 15 minutes then fire it back up and it runs fine for awhile. I’m at a loss on it

  11. #11mg23612023-09-18 04:34

    Watch the video I linked in post #8 and retrieve the codes. If it is derating, then there will be codes.