looking for some help on a Hitachi EX-120-3. this is 1995 looking for an easy way to remove or check the starter. i believe the solenoid is bad. I hear clicking when i try and turn it over. any help or ideas would be great.
I would start by checking battery cables are in good shape and batteries are fully charged. All connections are tight and grounds are good. Then try again.
Good day & welcome Attached may help
Isn’t no “easy way” , I’m afraid. Nothing but pain and suffering. Then, the replacement starter will be defective and you get to do it all over again. In the rain, in the dark, on a Sunday evening.
The easiest way is going to be with some alligator clip test leads to see what is getting voltage and what is not getting voltage. A power probe might help make it easier, but you still have to think through and understand what's going on. Don't ignore the ground side of the circuit. You might save some time, money and skinned knuckles this way.