I need to rent an 85 ton machine for a job in Louisiana, I just traded my 385 in 3 months ago as it was up in hours. Now, of course, I get a job that I need it. Problem begins with Louisiana dealers. They have nothing bigger than 40 Ton. The next problem is the dealer territory. Most people don't wanna cross into another dealers territory, and if they do they use the servicing excuse "it's too far" My local dealers will service anything we ask of them. Anyone know where I can rent one? I have a beam trailer so I can move it. We are digging a new channel and loading into offroad trucks. 1,000,000 yards, need to dig 16' deep also. I would take 70 ton or 125 ton, just want something a little bigger than my 345's.
Have you tried H and E equipment. They rent Komatsu and Doosan and have branches in La. Chris
Sure did. 400 was the biggest. i have found a few on machinery trader.
do you have any American State equipment stores near you. We rented a liebherr 974 this past summer. really great to work with
I heard there is a nice 5110B for sale in New York, P.M. me if you're interested.
I think I found the right match, Newman tractor out of Kentucky. Seem to have everything I need.
What about Cowin equipment? They are in Alabama.
Why not another 345 or 2? That big of iron seem like a lot weight for the ground condition of LA. Well as far as I'm aware of them anyways.
Depends on where at in Louisiana, we had a 385 in Northern Louisiana towards Shreveport and ground problems were not an issue. If he is from that area Cat dealers are ridiculous. Don't have any parts for anything bigger then a D6. Honestly take a good look at the new 374's, They are a very nice machince and can load a 40 ton truck in the same number of passes and time as a 385.
Hello crazycajun just wanted to let you know if you are still looking for a big excavator that we have a 385 CL sitting in Houston TX if that might help you out as opposed to the one in Kentucky. Or also we have a 390 DL sitting in Denver CO as well. Just a couple of other options for you.
Kman, we had bid to supply the dirt on a few of the interstate jobs that y'all got. Was pretty cool just watching lambrect equipment, and yes local dealers don't wanna work with heavy iron. Ground was hard enough 90% of places for my 385 we just traded in. Tundra- are y'all looking to rent the machine?
Crazycajun, yes we are looking to rent the machine. Here is my phone # 505-975-3075 if you would like to call me. Hopefully we can help you out. Thanks Tundra.
Check with Scott Equipment. They have branches all over Louisiana. They should be able to get any thing you need.
Try Holt Cat. I am sure we have the equipment. Call SanAntonio and check with them. 210-648-1111 Dave Cornalis is the Rental manager there.