Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

850 B Deere

dennis sanders ยท 2018-02-18 00:41

Any thoughts on a 1990 yr. 850B...a friend has located one...has 3 bottom rollers missing...blade pins showing wear...any idea on cost of rollers and any other things to check for...14.500 asking price...

Replies4
  1. #1dennis sanders2018-02-18 00:44

    This tractor will only be for cleaning up his land...no commerical use.

  2. #2bam19682018-02-18 01:03

    I'm no expert on this machine but I have heard alot more bad than I have good about them. Mainly transmission type issues. Personally, if I went to look at a dozer that was for sale and saw 3 bottom rollers missing I would probably turn around and walk away for the simple fact that there is a good chance that it was probably very poorly maintained. FWIW I think 14,500 iis pretty high. Just my $.02

  3. #3dennis sanders2018-02-18 01:31
  4. #4dennis sanders2018-02-18 01:44

    That was my thought...run with 3 rollers missing not a good sign...seems ive heard of tracking issues...i had a 450C...but this is far from it...i have a D4H...cab...air..6 way..ripper i pd.38.500...but its been well maintained...3800 hrs when i bought it...new berco undercarrige...im thinking the 850B would be a eariler yr...i think he needs to keep looking..i suggested D6C...good size for clearing...i just sold a 6D...it was a strong tractor...for most of my jobs the 4H is fine....im just not familur with the Deere...i considered a 750C but went Cat..thanks for the response...just trying to help my friend out.