Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

850 case loader brake pedal builds pressure

wayneb ยท 2012-03-05 10:15

Just purchased a 1975 850 case loader .I;ve used it for about 6 months i keep having a problem with the rt brake pedal after about 1 hr of use it loses all travel which makes the rt trac quit pulling.I can bleed the master cylinder for that side and it will pull again for appox. 2hrs .Hope someone can help me with this problem.also not sure what to use in the master cylinder. dot 3 brake fluid or hydraulic oil?

Replies2
  1. #1alrman2012-03-05 16:44

    Welcome wayneb! An 850 will be using dot3 brake fluid. Your problem will be one of two things 1) there is no free travel on the pedal adjustments - as you move the machine around, the bouncing around pumps the master cyl & build pressure. if they look is if they have untouched for a long time - see problem 2 2) compensating port in the master cyl is blocked. This is a small drilling that I usually use a small wire - (usually plucked from a wire brush) - to clear. if there is 'mud' in the bottom of your master cyls - best to pull them out, strip & reseal.

  2. #2wayneb2012-03-05 18:32

    Thanks alrman,I will check for that problem.I have already adjusted the petal travel no matter how much i give it it still loses all travel.So i think compensating port is problem... I would just like to say this web sight is awsome,it's nice to see people willing to share information on equipment like this. I like to do as much of my own repairs as possible without this forum that task would be much more difficult. Thanks again