Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

850 SL 2 Exhaust leak from manifold bolt

Applachian · 2025-03-23 12:31

There is an exhaust puffing out of the holes that hold the muffler support on the right side of the Cummins motor. One seems to have a broken bolt and the other is missing. Do yall have 2 bolt heads on that muffler stand?

Replies8
  1. #1alrman2025-03-23 18:36

    Welcome to HEF @Applachian We would love to help you out, but your description makes it difficult to know exactly how. Would it be possible for you to post a picture of what you are trying to explain?

  2. #2Applachian2025-03-23 18:47

    Got it. Thanks. This is the bolt (6). It was straight up gone and I wasn’t sure what was supposed to be there. Hole straight into manifold.

  3. #3Applachian2025-03-23 18:50

    I really need a service book… maybe online?

  4. #4alrman2025-03-23 19:19

    The bolt should be M10 x 1.5 x 30mm Those bolts usually have a habit of breaking from vibration - & are usually a blind hole - not through into the manifold. - perhaps someone got a bit carried away with a drill during a broken bolt extraction in the past? Anyhow, you maybe lucky & simply screw a new bolt in there. I always use antisieze.

  5. #5Applachian2025-03-23 19:37

    Lost of vibration. Idle was set just under 800. Super L manual says I need to get it adjust to 900-1100. It is smooth 900 onward but real Lopey at the current 800 idle

  6. #6Applachian2025-03-23 19:48

    https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1310411850220757/?ref=search Sorry to take the thread on a tangent but this is it. Desirable spec right? Average leaks and issues for age.

  7. #7HarleyHappy2025-03-24 10:36

    Looks nice, excessive vibration=motor mounts.

  8. #8Applachian2025-03-24 12:41

    Thanks for mentioning, I’ll pay extra attention to that. Motor mounts= weight on hydraulic pump shaft if it gets bad (I hear).