Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

850B Case Dozer Loader

Mr plow · 2018-05-21 19:42

Hi I have a 850B loader, it runs great. My tracks are getting some slack. The adjusters are at the end . This is a farm loader that doesn’t see a lot of use. What are my options? I would like to remove one link? Is this possible? Or, I would like to find a good used set. Not sure where to search? I am in Canada. Thanks Cheers Martin

Replies8
  1. #1Mr plow2018-05-21 19:49

    One othe question. The pins attaching the bucket do not have grease zerks? I was thinking of boring in the lathe and installing a grease zerk and a passage for the grease to come out in the bushing. Cheers Martin

  2. #2Theweldor2018-05-21 20:44

    You can pull a link. It is called short tracking. It would get you by for awhile depending on how much use it gets. Could be years if you don't put many hours on it. Good used undercarriage parts are probably like hens teeth nonexistent though.

  3. #3Welder Dave2018-05-22 01:02

    The track doesn't look overly loose in the pic. It actually looks a little tight. Should have about 2" slack between top carrier and idler. Running too tight wears everything out much faster and is harder on the drive train. Seems odd there's no grease fittings for the bucket pins. On my Cat the grease fittings are recessed in the loader boom and I usually have to take a pick or something and dig the dirt out to get to them.

  4. #4Mr plow2018-05-22 06:45

    Thanks guys. Martin

  5. #5Metalman 552018-05-26 16:35

    I took one link out of each side of my 941 Cat loader & for the amount I use it, it works just fine. Also rebushed the bottom pivot for the bucket on it too & got it to take grease again. Mine needed a lot of work from prior neglect before I owned it. Works great now. Send me a private message if you want further information, as we are in close proximity according to your profile Mr. Plow

  6. #6DMiller2018-06-03 15:16

    Just looked at your photo, are the tracks that tight as they try to roll off? Noticed the right rail the shoe at centerline of idler seems to droop to the outside that could indicate excessive pin to bushing wear to which removing a link will not help much, could actually see busted pins shortly after.

  7. #7Mr plow2018-06-04 20:19

    Hi DMiller, The picture was taken before I got the loader. I have since let a little slack back in the track. Yes the pin and bushings have wear. The idler is at its fullest extension. It is right tight to the stop bolt. I am not working this every day just handy to have around the farm. Cheers Martin

  8. #8DMiller2018-06-05 07:02

    If not going to do much with it I would call the HE dealers around and see who can do a pin/bushing turn on these. Will put a fresh side of both to the other while will still remain snakey will pull some of the slack out. Will be a price on it.