Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

850c trans oil cooler oil flow

deeredozerman ยท 2025-01-10 15:49

Which way should the oil flow through the trans oil cooler on an 850c deere dozer? Top to bottom or vice-versa?

Replies2
  1. #1Diesel Dave2025-01-11 08:41

    Welcome to HEF deeredozerman . Generally speaking,oil coolers flow top to bottom. See screenshot of an 850C oil cooler bypass valve orientation , follow the lines to the cooler to check how yours should be plumbed.

  2. #2deeredozerman2025-01-11 13:41

    Thanks. My problem is someone else removed the hoses and I want to reinstall them. I also saw the picture you have, but can't find the oil cooler itself in the manual I have access to except in the parts manual. I would also have thought top to bottom but if I compare this picture and the diagram in the parts manual it looks like it is the other way around. So I wasn't quite sure. I realize the parts manual is not intended for installation instructions. Was just hoping someone might know for sure. I wasn't able to get a hold of our Deere mechanic yet. But once I will get a hold of him I'm sure he'll be able to help me. Unless someone here can help me before