Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

850J Deere Rollers

GaryHoff ยท 2016-01-13 14:16

I'm going to be doing a set of bottom rollers on a 850J. When I priced out the single flange vs double flange, there was less than $10 cost difference. So what I am wondering is if anyone has run all double flanged rollers? Also if there is any specific reason not to, or if there is a actual benefit to running all double flanged rollers? I would think that all double flanged rollers would help keep the rail in line better, but its just a guess. Any input or experience would be appreciated.

Replies3
  1. #1lantraxco2016-01-13 16:34

    I've seen all doubles in the middle, with a single at each end, to sort of let the chain find it's groove easier.

  2. #2mitch5042016-01-13 20:08

    Way back in my fog that passes for a memory, there is a machine where one or the other that will interfere with the sprocket if placed at the back. Just something to check.

  3. #3earthscratcher2016-01-17 11:28

    double flange rollers seem to last longer,but they are usually run in the middle,one buddy likes to run all double flange,i just wonder if they will cause more rail wear running on the inside and outside all the way thru.cat d6r lgp specs single,double,single,double,double,single,double single. check with track parts guy, some tractors do have interference problems on front and back.