Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

850k lt jd dozer

Anthony93 · 2023-12-29 12:19

Hey guys I’m back. So my dozer was working fine until it all of a sudden stopped. I have a code 3251.7 that pops up but would that make the whole machine unresponsive? The light is flashing. Charger pressure low and dpf pressure errors are the other codes. 522444.1. I’m not sure where to go with this. I changed the filters but to no prevail. Any advice will help thank you in advance

Replies13
  1. #1Anthony932023-12-29 12:40

    I’m trying to find the serial number but can’t seem to locate it

  2. #2Anthony932023-12-29 12:43

    It won’t even Rev up when you idle up. It idle high in neutral

  3. #3Anthony932023-12-29 12:44

    1t0850kxkbe207040

  4. #4Anthony932023-12-29 12:47

    Also no pressure in trans charge oil

  5. #5Rustyshacklford2023-12-29 15:37

    And 850k had a similar problem this summer. I’m not a mechanic just an operator but I did give the mechanic a hand. It was the plastic coupler between the engine and the hyd pump.

  6. #6Anthony932023-12-29 15:50

    That helps a lot! Thank you! I will go forward with that and see what it does

  7. #7Anthony932023-12-29 16:24

    When you guys did it how big of a pain was it

  8. #8Steve Austin2023-12-29 16:46

    Tip if the coupler is stripped you will have no transmission charge pressure and no hydraulic blade functions.

  9. #9Anthony932023-12-29 16:53

    Sounds like a great time. I believe that’s the route we are going. Thank you sir that is exactly what the machine is doing

  10. #10Rustyshacklford2023-12-29 18:21

    Unfortunately it’s a pretty big pain. But this was the first time this mechanic tackled this. Getting the new coupler aligned was the worst part.

  11. #11Steve Austin2023-12-29 18:50

    First coupling I replaced was in the field on a 650J customer demanded I slip the hydro assembly back to replace coupler what a pain that was with all the dirt and twigs in there try to keep hoses and fittings clean. Also had to drain oils. Second one one 700J in field I pulled engine just supported the hydros to a bar inside cab and a turnbuckle. Did not drain any oils in hydro or hydraulic, drained coolant. Did not pull radiator. Removed fan and shroud and put a piece of plywood against radiator in case I bumped it. Was much easier for me. Don’t know about the K with all the extra emissions added to it.

  12. #12Anthony932023-12-30 14:12

    I bet it’s pretty close to having to stab a transmission back in into a water truck

  13. #13Anthony932023-12-30 14:16

    Ya I’m not sure exactly how we are going to do this. Where it’s at is in a field on a hill with a load of dirt pushed up infront of it. Unless the company allows us to make a make shift road to it we won’t have any equipment available to use to pull anything.. it’ll be a piece by piece job. Seals, gaskets, o rings, and zip ties are gonna be my best friend