HI, I've got a 853 Bobcat question. When you raise and lower the boom, the bucket changes it position realitive to the booms. So if you start out with the booms low and the bucket level with the ground, raise the booms to the highest position, the bucket will still be level with the ground. You can watch the bucket cylinder extend as you raise the booms. I'm told there is some button or switch that will change this to normal bucket motion. (Raise the boom and the bucket ends up tipped back). Dave
If you can turn it off there will be a switch on the left dash- picture of bucket on it. If not then there is no way to shut it off. Bucket positioning is a nice feature because it keeps you from dumping material on top off cab when fully raised.
Part sman has it right and I wish my machine had it. I hate dumping dirt all over my cab!!
One or two loads of horse/cow manure in you lap will educate you on the importance of keeping your bucket level.
there is no way to turn it off on a 853 it is hard plumbed into the system. the only way to turn it off is to remove the bucket position valve block out of the system
bobcatmechanic, Is there an easy way to make my 753G bucket position work? It has the switch on the panel, but it doesn't do anything when I push on it.
buy the valve and tube lines and install it. They are standard panels on all the machines its the same as all bobcats have a high flow button. The only problem with that is unless you have the pump and computer programmed for high flow. So buy the kit put it on take your machine back to the dealer pay the half out or hour progame time that take 10 to 15 min to do and you have bucket postioning.
bobcatmechanic, Thanks for the post! Happy New Year. I will see if it is something I really need done. All depends on the cost.