Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

komatsu rubber track loaders

earthscratcher ยท 2010-08-08 09:24

i have been seeing a few of these around,looks like it uses same track setup has bobcat,old units had yanmars now it looks like they are going to komatsu powerplants.i was told 3000 for new tracks installed on these units,like the ride of my asv just dont like the 5000 for new tracks without install.any input would helpful thanks earthscratcher

Replies7
  1. #1KSSS2010-08-08 12:15
  2. #2yamaman2010-08-09 02:29

    Though my Komatsu (SK 818-5) was listed as having a komatsu engine in all the spec sheets, it is in fact a Yanmar. I'm still wondering about the pumps as I've not been down there yet (touch wood). They are listed as Komatsu, but I've got my doubts. That's a shame if they are to cease production, I've really enjoyed my machine thus far, it's a quality unit.

  3. #3KSSS2010-08-09 19:41

    Well I thought it was odd as well. Because by using Komatsu specific components I thought would make it a very expensive compact loader, so while they told me that it was all Komatsu I cant say that I really believed it. Perhaps what he meant was Komatsu branded components.

  4. #4texascadillac422010-08-10 09:29

    All of the Komatsu skidsteers, mini X's, and small wheel loaders run Yanmar engines. They are branded as Komatsu, but definitely Yanmar. While I have not run anything from 2009-2010, the 2008 models and down are definitely Yanmar powered. I can't believe Komatsu is going to stop skidsteer production, they really did make a nice machine.

  5. #5buckfever2010-08-12 20:56

    i've got a jd 332 rubber track and have seen the komatsu loader and the undercarige looks the same.

  6. #6Digdeep2010-08-12 21:25

    You are right. They are both built by Berco, an Italian company.

  7. #7Got Dirt2010-12-31 11:52

    TEXASCADILLAC42, I also own a CK 35-1. Its a 2008 with 375 hrs. and I would agree that they are a solid machine. It hasn't let me down as of yet (knock on wood), so I'm just wondering how reliable has your CK-35 been. I have also heard that Komatsu is doing away with there skid steers but parts and availability should not be a problem.