I have been called out twice on 2 separate JD 85G's both with similar problems. The first one would start and run for about 100ft then shutdown showing low oil pressure and low voltage. The second one won't start and shows low oil pressure and low voltage. I was able to start it for about 1min twice, but shutdown showing both low. The interesting part is that it is not showing any codes. Any help or suggestions in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Have you cleaned all battery connections, Checked all ground straps, checked all fuses in case 1 is loose. One guy I know worked 2 days before he found out fuse was loose on truck that would not start. Better check all these things over first before throwing any parts at something. Might be good to check available power to computer. Maybe someone else may chime in with some service bulletin on the same problem. Simon C
Thanks for the suggestions. Here is what I have done so far: Cleaned and checked batteries; 12v on individual batteries, 24v on series connection, 24v at the relay. Pulled all the fuses and ohm then reinstalled and verified proper installation. Then moved on to the fuel filters and swapped both filter and separator incase plugged; electric pump would not fill bowl. Tested pump would not fill bowl. Tested pump; bad pump replaced pump but still would not fill the bowl. Starting to think the line from tank to separator is plugged. Going to machine again today with extra fuel tank to test the separator, filter, lines and new pump. Hopefully this will eliminate those lines and just leave the line from tank and tank pick up or fuel pump on motor. Will report back with results. Dhuff
What was your conclusion on the cause of low oil/low voltage? My 85g is doing the exact same thing, started a couple days after a tree fell on it during hurricane Helene. Thanks Ben
The problem I was having was fuel related and not oil/low voltage is was not getting fuel. I turned out that when it was out they were filling it with crap fuel and allowed misc junk in the tank. Had to remove tank and clean out a bunch of leaves and other debris from inside the fuel tank and lines. Sorry, I cannot be of more help in this matter.
B Hallas Did you ever figure out what going on with the excavator? We have the same issue. Thanks Bruce
Did you figure out what was wrong? We have the same issue as you described. Thanks Bruce
It turned out to be low fuel pressure causing all the problems. I checked the wiring and everything was good; continuity, voltage and fuses. What the problem was blockage in the fuel tank preventing the unit to run long enough to build the proper pressures. Had to pull tank and clean out everything that was built up inside. Once I did that everything started working and no more low pressure readings. Personally I never would have thought that the lack of fuel flow would cause so many problems, but spoke with a JD service rep and that is what sent me down the path that would eventually fix the problems. Found leaves and pine needles in the take blocking the flow.
Thanks I will see if that works for me.
Thanks Dhuff. I know this is a couple weeks late but your answer pointed me in the right direction, much appreciated. Ben
Hope you got this figured out. Seemed to be a fuel pressure issue for me. Apparently there was debris blocking the fuel pickup. The resulting higher vacuum on tank side of lift pump caused air to be pulled through the threads of fuel water separator. No issues after blowing out fuel line to tank. It is counterintuitive to look for fuel issues in response to low oil pressure/low voltage warnings, maybe someone can explain. Ben