Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

86 international s1700 dump

mrdamron2010 · 2015-05-04 22:12

I do concrete for a living, I do the driving of the dump truck & mechanical repairs on our gas engines, my question is the truck is sluggish as hell & if its warm out like 65°+ it'll try stalling out when turning, braking, or even idling... Not sure what size engine but I know its a v8 diesel none turbo. Its a 5speed manual with the high/low box on the rear end(I kno because I jus broke it & my boss hadda have it in the shop for repair)... But I'm worried bout it stalling & hitting somebody... We use 15w-40 motor oil, not sure what get oil, I even tried cleaning the air filter

Replies2
  1. #1redneckracin2015-05-07 15:25

    try changing the fuel filters, maybe the fuel pump isn't putting out enough pressure.

  2. #2Aaron125602015-05-09 08:02

    I bought my 1984 s1600 would stall out turning wheel idling. I changed oil, filters, and ran lucas oil through it a few times. Had been sitting for 5 years, now it runs fine and no audible drain on power when I do anything like turn the wheel.