Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Aussie trucks

Scrub Puller ยท 2015-05-07 05:33

Yair . . . If this link works for you it may be of interest. http://www.hcvc.com.au/forum/YaBB.pl?action=print;num=1329296767 Cheers.

Replies8
  1. #1Queenslander2015-05-08 04:19

    Plenty of history there Scrub. I might of mentioned, previously, not having ever been to a Brissy truck show. This year's show is next week and we have hotel room booked and are rearing to go. I guess truck shows are much the same the world over, but I might post a few pics on this thread anyway. Cheers, Greg

  2. #2lantraxco2015-05-08 12:44

    Very nice Scrub, love all the pictures of the "retired" trucks, waiting for a bit of polish.

  3. #3RonG2015-05-08 15:43

    Some time well spent Scrub.Some of us remember those old trucks when they were new.It's nice to see those old Diamond Ts as they were Diamond Reo here for a while,now I don't see them any more.Not to hijack the thread but has anybody Googled the Mack Superliner V8 and listened to them pulling?There is one vid on youtube about 17 minutes long from Australia,I cannot stop it when it starts,I have to listen to the whole thing.I guess I will never get it out of my system.Thanks again Scrub Puller,it hits the spot.Ron G

  4. #4Scrub Puller2015-05-08 16:07

    Yair . . . Good one fellers, I intended to title the thread "Old" Aussie trucks. I was actually looking for a good picture of one of the Sixties era bogey drive Dodges with the V6-53 Jimmy to put up on the current 53 Series thread. They were a tough little truck and the one I ran for a while was a two stick with a five and four that took awhile to come to grips with. I used to try and drive it like a Mack but the ratios weren't right and it was a whole different ball game. Cheers.

  5. #5td25c2015-05-08 21:55

    Love the link you posted Scrub . Not an Aussie truck but the FWD has similar specks as the Dodge you mentioned . 6V53 Detroit , 3 gear shifts , and it also has the Dodge cab . http://www.heavytruckforums.com/showthread.php?51-Fwd-Trucks

  6. #6Queenslander2015-05-10 01:43

    http://www.justauto.com.au/justtrucks/commercials/dodge/ Here you go Scrub, These Dodge trucks are for sale at the moment, some with 6V53s. They say this one is 1973 but looks more like mid sixtys to me. Cheers, Greg

  7. #7Scrub Puller2015-05-10 05:43

    Yair . . . . Queenslander Bloody hell mate that brings back memories with the sunvisors and all. Thanks for posting. I am surprised to see they all have square steptanks, I could have sworn the one I drove was round. Cheers.

  8. #8RonG2015-05-10 08:15

    I love that Dodge Bighorn,I am not sure they ever made it to Australia.Ron G http://www.olddodges.com/bighorn.htm