i have a 1984 John deere 862 with a 619 i want to know if anyone has ever switched one out with a cummins or cat motor before thanks dustin duffy construction
Why would you do that
i dont want to rebuild this motor. and looking for other alternitives. thanks
Sounds to me like a heck of a lot of extra work. Why not just short block or long block it. You will have to change motor mounts, radiator shroud, rewire it, bell housing, hood might not fit right, radiator hose reroute, fuel line reroute, can you get at the filters once it is back together. The list just goes on and on and on and on.
That's what I'm sayin, if the block and head are good then go for it. This engine is super easy to rebuild
from what i have seen so far, it needs line bored, crank needs ground, nobody around here can line bore it.
line bore what? The kit comes with new piston and sleeve.
Not necessarily. I have seen engines require line boring even with new cylinder kits.
Line boring is for the main's in the block, must have spun a main bearing....I would guess. I still think your better off with the JD engine.