Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

863 Bobcat fuel question…

OVERTORQUED ยท 2015-09-14 16:52

Hi all. Probably a pretty basic question but couldn't find it in the manual I have... Is there a fuel adjustment to make it richer or leaner on a 1999 863? Thanks.

Replies15
  1. #1crewchief8882015-09-15 18:06

    basically no :drinkup

  2. #2OVERTORQUED2015-09-16 03:33

    That's ok... Turns out it wasn't a fuel problem after all. Just a hole in the hose going to the turbo.

  3. #3OVERTORQUED2015-09-16 14:38

    What odds do I have? so if this thing has been sucking dirt and crap into the turbo for a minute...what are the odds that it's still going to work. Still spins but it has a lot of stuff in it? Tractor was running before it pulled off but little excessive smoke and loss of power. Just hoping I can clean it up and it will be okay. Any thoughts?

  4. #4Delmer2015-09-16 14:57

    If there's junk on the turbo it's not going to function much at all, and it might work fine after the turbo is cleaned up. If the engine wore out the rings from the dirt then that won't get any better...

  5. #5lantraxco2015-09-16 16:49

    Maybe it was on the outlet side, losing boost?

  6. #6willie592015-09-16 21:12

    I'm curious as to what put the hole in the hose, that ain't normal.

  7. #7OVERTORQUED2015-09-16 22:07

    Oil leak from the cooler softened hoses is all I can figure. It's a real greasy horror show this thing.

  8. #8OVERTORQUED2015-09-16 22:10

    Got it all cleaned seems like it will get some more hours out of it but the dirt going thru there is another story like you said.

  9. #9willie592015-09-16 22:25

    Is the cooler core leaking, or where the hoses connect to the cooler?

  10. #10OVERTORQUED2015-09-17 09:49

    It's the connection at the cooler. I have to try and clean this pig this morning to make sure there aren't any other leaks. It's so bad you can't tell where anything is coming from. Some people never learned the word "maintenance" I guess. Can't blame them with the prices of everything today I suppose but still...

  11. #11Tags2015-09-17 19:44

    I would think several oil changes, filters, and some pressure washing is ALOT cheaper than a motor or a new machine

  12. #12willie592015-09-17 21:52

    If it's leaking where the hoses connect to the oil cooler, Bobcat offers a seal kit to repair those connections. It does require purchasing a tool to release the retainer ring that holds that hose fitting connection to the cooler. I've done several of them, not a hard job to do.

  13. #13OVERTORQUED2015-09-18 01:27

    Got it all cleaned up today and that's definitely where it looks like one of the many leaks is coming from. Will head back down to Bobcat tomorrow and see about that kit and tool. I Think the worst part I've already had to do so anything else should be a cakewalk. (I better not say that... I might be eating that cake later on.). I do have to say I have never, ever seen something so greasy in my life- water well was really low so had to scrape and wipe out by hand cause couldn't use the pressure washer. Wow.

  14. #14OVERTORQUED2015-09-20 01:24

    Well finished up today after adjusting the valves and replacing all the filters, changed the oil and tightened everything up. Fired it up and it ran entirely different. I don't know if they ever even knew it had a turbo! Big difference...I'm happy, they are happy and I believe they will get plenty of more hours out of the old, formerly greasy monster. It was definitely a job but it wasn't as bad as I had expected. Thanks for all your input.

  15. #15Todd v.2015-09-22 16:14

    Shewucky it didn't catch fire. Glad you get her fixed.