Hello Just got my new $60 hydraulic oil filter from NAPA today and I want to change my oil, in the service manual i see Melrose hydraulic / transmission oil OR 10w30 or 10w-40 SAE Motor oil . Question : the oil filter I got from NAPA is a hydraulic oil filter the oil I am using is Valvoline 10w -30 motor oil , it's this filter going to be ok whit the engine oil? I never done the job any advice of how to ... thx
Are you sure you are reading the manual right? Hydraulic oil is not the same as engine oil.
Typically 15w40 is used for all the diesel powered bobcats as engine oil. Bobcat recommends using their hydraulic/hydrostatic fluid, of course, but suggests only 10w30 or 10w40 engine oil as a substitute for that hydraulic fluid. Supposedly the Bobcat fluid has 'special' additives to help protect the pumps/motors. In my opinion it's cheap insurance to use the recommended fluid whenever possible.
So I shod use Melrose hydraulic / transmission
preferrably yes but you can use a off brand hyd oil just make sure it has an anti foaming agent in it. that way it is less likely to get air bubbles in the system to keep from gauling the bumps because of the air bubbles in the system
I well go and see what NAPA has to offer .
When I bought my 763 about 5 years ago, I talked to a service tech and told him I was using Delo 400 for engine oil and he stated that Delo 400 is a very good oil and I could use it anyplace that need oil, like the chain cases, hyd system and oh yes, even the engine. :tong This has been my only oil since then and my machine is working great.
I do not have a ton of time around the Bobcats, but we have had ours 5 years, and only use the Bobcat fluid. For the quanity you are using it is not much difference in cost.
Is anyone using convenional hydraulic fluid with good results?
i use bobcat hydraulic oil, which is cheap enough, "all season" and guaranteed by bobcat...
I've got some of the same questions about the oil...I've used and off brand and all of a sudden Ive got control valve problems (a least thats what I think it is)!!
A guy posted a little while back(thats when I read it)...."The truck unloaded my bobcat at the drive and it's still sitting there"!! I'm almost in the same position!
I need some help in diagnosis! Can't seem to be able to post a new thread ...sorry to horn in on your post "RAZVY" by the way. This is my first one and it's an old one!! I'am stuck!!!
My first bobcat that is
I am looking for information on an 863 on how to access the fuel tank to change out the fuel siphon tube.
To many projects and no time to change my hyd oil , but soon and probably I take a ride to bobcat dealer and get the right stuff . I notice a problem whit my machine , even whit 10 minutes of worm up in a 50 degree temp I have a winding when i push the sticks forward and in sted of gaining speed and power is the opposite , any ideea what can bee ? any help :notworthy @pigdog no prbl, I am new whit this machine
Maybe the main drive belt is loose?
I change the belt and it's tight.
mrfixitpaul You heat the nail on the head, I deaden checkout the belt like it suppose, reason is that I had a new belt installed 4-5 months ago and never cross my mind that I have a problem whit slippage, make a long story short ... dealer install new belts including the drive belt , in the begging everything was OK, I try to adjust the belt but the adjuster is max out , I think they install the wrong belt when I purchase it . What I done so far is remove the belt since I don't have anything to tow it back to the dealer and I am 2 hr away and honestly I don't want to go back to them :cussing I called them up whit the serial no and they tell me it's the right belt, the belt I have is part no 6662855 where I can find the specs of this belt and if is available a similar drive belt 1" shorter , anybody has access to this information? ,,O, it.s a 863 G model whit a Deutz engine , I am thinking that somebody probably change the engine ,pump or pulley... Any help is appreciated , thx
Are you sure that the bracket with the 2 bolts, near the tensioner spring, isn't keeping the spring from holding enough tension? Or is the bearing on the tensioner gone bad? I can't help on the belt # as I believe it's a Bobcat-only part.
The bracket whit s 9/16 bolts are all the away forward after I tighten the spring tensioner to the end , the spring tensioner bolt is seated completely .
Find out that i need part no 6670690 in stead of 6662855 it's exactly 1 " shorter , I guess it's for the 2 speed machine. If anybody need a belt for free it's more than welcome to have it I pay $50 ( just pay shipping cost) belt no is 6662855 drive belt whit 25 hours on it.
Replace belt and ...prob;em soved Thx mrfixitpaul
This is not as odd as it sounds. My older Atlas manual stated quite clearly that the hydraulic oil is " X " BUT if this is not available then Engine oil to the specification *** can be used in its place. I think the important thing is do not mix them. Many will swear by X brand but I find it comes down to ease of supply. Its alright somebody only using OEM oils when the dealer is at the end of the street, if you or I have to do a 150mls round trip or use non OEM parts/fluids we both know what we will use. :drinkup
I am sure there is a thread on this as AtcoEquip and I had quite a giggle over it at the time. I have had a quick run back and think you might find these of use.