I have a 864 that is ready for scrap pile I guess according to ne service rep. It runs and operates with the exception with tilt accuator. I replaced the tilt accuator only to have same trouble before I replaced it. It is supposed to be self calibrating but it didn't. Also tried all the differnt tequnies in manual and other suggestions from dealer.The service rep didn't even try to calibrate just said all the connections were croded n it was waste of time. Their is some history with with machine. I saw it sitting at a dealer for a yr n bought it from the person who owned it. It was supposed to have a junk engine n the prob with engine. Well they could not start it at dealership to dignose accuator problem. We got it running and the engine was fine. It was accuator that was also engine problem with starting it. So anyway I really have no idea what to do next to fix this thing. I find it very hard to belive that a 864 with brand new tracks a running engine with full compresion no leaks less than two thousand hrs. Moves digs raises loader up n down n tilts one way n not other is ready for the scrap pile also the only codes it throws is for tilt accuator calibration. Can anyone help
Ok lets get to the bottom of this problem- the tilt actuator that is in the machine is NEW correct? When you swap the actuator connectors the code DOES change to lift actuator code, correct? When you calibrated handles you pulled both handles in and pushed - press to operate- button, correct?
Yes to all. For that system it's supposed to be self calbraiting from the moment u turn key. I also went through every proceder in manual and other tequines that I was given
Yes to all. For that system it's supposed to be self calbraiting from the moment u turn key. I also went through every proceder in manual and other tequines that I was given. Also it's ahc advanced hand control
Well, here are your possible problems-1. you may need lastest version software for controller-version 63- should say on actuator if its new style. 2. calibration was not done correctly. 3. faulty actuator- not likely. 4. you may have a problem with the spool binding, causing actuator not to be centered. 5. remove actuator and reinstall, make sure tilt spool moves freely and when you reinstall actuator make sure it sits flush on the valve. If the code changed when you swapped actuator connectors than it is either an actuator issue or the spool binding.
How freely does that spool need to move. I can push it in be hand with some effort. I can't get them to hook a damn computer to it.service rep. Wouldn't reprogram just told them it would ground out n it would need to be dun agin or last something.
If up can push the spool and it returns, you should be o.k. If you push and hold the bucket positioning button on left dash you will get software version on hour meter display
I'm going to head out there this afternoon n check
So I went back out their this morning n got some more info none helpful or positve. When the service rep for the north east came wouldn't hook computer n never took any harnesses apart just said they were bad. I don't know what version is currently on it. So the place where it is at won't hook it to computer. Does anyone have any idea why no one will even plug computer to it. Starting to seem very very strange to me n the sevral other mechincs I've talked to. I did buy it for 2500 n was supposed to have a blown engine n other probs. The engine had minor probs I fixed. N the only thing stopping this from going out on job is this accuator being programmed . How can I get this programmer or at least diagnosed.
Also I can't pick it up till next week. Cause they don't have bill for wrk dun to date. Part sman if u have any ideas how I can get a damn computer hooked to it let me know
I just got a reply from service rep n the 864 seems to be able to be saved from scrap yard. I just gotta get it back from dealership and back to the shop. I'll keep posting progress
I don't understand why they won't hook to computer- thats the only way to get codes and update controller. Actuator problems are common for ahc machines and should be able to be diagnosed in a short amount of time. Take it somewhere else
I called bobcat company via their website. And within two hrs I recived a phone call from service rep. With lots of information and things to check. Basiclly he based his opion on the estmate of the previous dealership that said engine was bad etc.... He admitted that he had already had his mind made up what was wrong with it before he got their. After he chatted with me n found out what was going on with machine. Changed things drasticlly. Could be auxillary trying to run n no where for fluid to go. 2 nd could be corded wire in harness. Witch with the wiring diagrams I can trace the ones along system to find. The accuators will wrk with out computer programming but may not get full range but the bucket will wrk with very minamal diffeance in range. So basicly gotta get the thing home now
Well I finally got ahold of them for the estimate for them looking at the machine $450 and the only thing they have dun is fix a couple connections for the computer that never got hooked up to it. I really can't belive this machine is such a headache. As soon as it is up and going I'm going to sell it. There is no way I'm going to go threw this agin next time something breaks. The machine is 10 yrs old and every one acts like it's some acient lost technolgy and move at same pace. Sorry everyone for whinning. I've had machine running for three months and still can't use it.
This was not a great machine even when new. Wait till you start spending money on the drive motors. It was BC's first tracked machine and I think they learned a lot on how not to build a track machine. Get out of it before you are upside down, if its not too late.
Well we decided to cob in some manual foot pedals. Skip electronics all togther
Want to sell your machine?
I'd have to get what I got into it bout 7k