we added a new bobcat M630 to the excisting S185 so far its a really nice machine but we only have 6 hrs on it the S185 has 1200
Nice new machine them M series machines, What did you think of the new shape of the machine? Take some getting used to ?
Its a bit different loading trucks and it wont reach centre on our 3 ton the s185 will and you seem to have alot of tail behind you.
looks like it would take some getting used to with all that ass end. I could only imangine the new t870. Nice looking machine. How wide is your machine?
Good looking machine !! Am i right to say that its a bigger machine and not a up dated s185
the m630 is about 4 sizes biger
What are your impressions?
Very nice machine lots of pushing power Excellent cab and air cond. This is what im told my brother runs it he is M630 here. The machine I want now is a CAT 292c since i run the iso controls not foot stick we could have got this one with ISO controls but would have had to wait 5 months to get it
Hi cummins05, you now have an S185 with a good number of hours on it. We have one, purchased new, a little over 800 hrs, and we've already had to replace the round spools (not sure what to call them) that centers the drive controls for neutral. Those spools start to wear, then you get machine creep. Bobcat replaced them under warranty, said they haven't seen those spools wear like that in so few hours. Well, duh, here's ur sign! They replaced them, and I'm already seeing wear on the new spools. Man, I work on Bobcats that have the original spools on them and not worn like these new ones. Don't know what's up, are the new parts chinese or somthing? Anyhow, just wondering if you experienced this with your S185.
The 185 was a rock solid machine it works as good today as the day it was new It has had no creeping issues that im aware of
Ok. I have no complaints about our 185 other than this. Since it's no longer under warranty, I think I'm going to remove one of these worn [new] spools, and go see my Bobcat service mananger and ask "what up with this?" Aside from this problem, no qualms with our 185.
Do you guys use any of the John Deere CTL's? I'm thinking about getting one in a year or two.
I would never buy a JD I have seen to many puddles under deere machines to ever wana doom myself to owning one. That manitoba gumbo clay is hard on machines the deere's I have seen just don't hold up
Are you saying that Cat's coming out with a 292C or that you want a 272C?
Lol, gumbo is hard on everything, I was trying to explain to Burnout why rubber-tire buggies don't really work well here.
explain + Burnout = good luck with that. :stirthepot :lmao
I fubbed it's a 299c that I want I agree nothing with tires seems to work here I agree on the burnout thin aswell Atco LOL
Hey, at least he can make a decent walk around video..
I have to agree with ya on that one.
our s185 had just over 1900 not 1200 and you could not kill that thing not that we did lol but i got to say bullet proof ive demoed a lot of cement with that bob and it never got hot or left me on the side of the road
Well excuse me Bro sorry guys its got OVER 1900
i will not thank you very much
The new m series have many improvement on their predecessors. Like changing the battery lol, actuators are really easy and tonnes of room under the cab. Although it takes 4 hours to put a radio kit in.. The big ass takes some getting used too. We have a handicapped customer with no use of his legs, runs as s185 all day long. Demo'ed a s630 was not a fan getting in and out.
we own a 332 and love it. i've run bobcats t 300 and the john deere will run circles around it. as for leaks we have 1800 hard hours on it and dosn't leak a drop. now our ls180 new holland is anothere issue:Banghead
I'm new to this forum but not new to Bobcats. I couldn't resist commenting on this. My 2003 S185 has 2800 hrs and the steering controls are almost completely wore out. The round spools were wore at least a quarter of the way through, the flat blocks had grooves wore in them and the pitman arms on top of the steering pumps were also wore out. I think they are made out of cheese or something. My 2008 S185 with 900 hrs has already started to creep and I bet I will find the same thing when I pull it apart. I can't believe Bobcat hasn't seen this yet.
Welcome to the forum BDFT. :usa That's the same thing I'm seeing on too many Bobcat machines nowdays, even started a thread describing this very thing.
I was just burning some time, searching the internet for pros and cons on the s630. This is the only thread I found here on this board. I bought a new s630 a couple or few months ago and so far I love it. Tons of nice features and every option available. Cab is nice and air tight. Quiet enough to use your cell phone inside without shutting the machine down. I test drove some of the non M series (cab and a/c) bobcats and none could even begin to compare to the s630. They were very loud inside and not very well sealed. This machine is replacing a 7000 hour 1999 1845c so I don't have much other to compare it to. I hope I get the same or better service out of this one than the 1845c. We will keep it for many years to come unless things start coming unglued.
a john deere you can't get out of without getting something greasy