Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

’87 580k Sticking Boom Pedals

Joseph J. Lamb Sr. ยท 2022-08-31 21:54

Hello. I have a 580k that's been thru Pa. State Road torture that I'm trying to bring back to life. We have some hydraulic leaks we're working to correct, always running low on hydro fluid, however starts right up and runs great. Recently the left and right boom foot pedals don't spring back, until you press the opposite pedal. Pedal sticks and boom continues to move slowly in the direction of the depressed pedal until you press on the opposite pedal. Also, the main boom arm drops a foot plus when lowering. Getting a little dangerous. Thank you for any help in advance.

Replies3
  1. #1skyking12022-08-31 22:57

    there are grease fittings under the floor on the swing linkages, if I recall correctly.

  2. #2melben2022-09-01 11:18

    For all the work involved I would uncover the whole tower assembly and lube all pivots, Skyking was right about being grease fittings, but they are above the floor at the pedal bases at the shafts. Removing the covers will allow you to clean and inspect the whole system and clean the top of the valve body as well, eventually grit will attack the spool seals and that is another whole issue.

  3. #3melben2022-09-01 11:18

    Double