What has to happen mechanically and electrically to use a new Denso starter that fits the 580C-D on my 580B mechanical shuttle? Does it require another relay? special plug for the Denso solenoid? It's time to make new battery cables,seems like I should allow the length for a new Denso starter. I have heard it said that "I wish I would have changed to the Denso starter years ago" Faster spin wouldn't hurt in cold weather.
Pickle, It is a bolt on but you will need to slightly tweak the Power Steering tubes that come to the pump from under the tank, yes, longer cables and I would add the Bosch style relay and matching socket to take the heavy draw off the key and Neutral start Switch. You can make that swap cheaper than having the inferior Delcos rebuilt, smart move!
Melben Are you suggesting the Bosch WR1 starter relay kit? Amazon has for $30. Is it a special plug on the Denso starters start circuit, can't tell by picture. I would like to have all required stuff when I pull Delco out. Tractor gets used regular, with mod hitch and post driver and box blade, backhoe and front weight mostly blocked up in tool shed, wish I would have ordered with PTO
Pickle, I looked up the WR1 kit and it is a bit more complicated than you need. NAPA has relay sockets to fit the Bosch style relays without the fuse Holder, the two leads to complete the circuit to the Positive battery wire and the wire to the energizer post on the starter should be fairly heavy,