Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

87 cat 416 boom issues

mikeg6413 ยท 2024-06-16 16:01

I have no lift on my boom cylinders on the backhoe, I bottom out the left stabilizer and the boom will lift. WIthout the left stabilizer bottomed out and try to raise the boom, the boom will lower down. I replaced all the secondary and primary resolvers orings a year ago, I haven't used the machine since I did the orings but everything worked fine. I replaced the primary resolvers in the left stabilizer and the boom valve and still no fix. What else could I be missing here. no other functions appear to be giving any issues. Haven't put a pressure gauge on it working on getting one Serial number 5pc05965

Replies1
  1. #1Deanoo2024-07-26 07:32

    You are right about the resolver valve orings even if they just get hard and dried out they will not work I have had to replace the ones on my 416 a lot,maybe you have a hose that has separated on the inside and it is blocking the fluid