A rock got stuck at the bottom of my left cylinder and blew a hose. I haven't started yet, but looking at the hose at the bottom of the cylinder, how are you supposed to get a wrench in there to release the coupling? Do I have to pull the cylinder? I sure hope not. Thanks
Not sure how hard it is to get to without a pic but everything on these machines seems to be in a bad spot. I had to use a 36" extension with a 16mm crows foot to get a compressor bolt loose on mine last week. Might try a crows foot they come in handy on hard to get to fasteners.
Is it the lift line or the lower line? Might be room for a crowfoot on the lift line, if it's the line that connects to the tube you may be able to disconnect the tube at the rod end and slip the tube out of the clip down at the bottom, pull it up out of there. I'm only guessing though, never worked on one, looks.... difficult.
right or left side? if it's the left side, it's faster/easier to remove the battery. a lot of time if you remove the j tube from the cylinder, you'll have a little more room to swing a wrench. theres usually a clamp on the tubelines somewhere in front or above the battery. you'll probably have to loosen/remove the clamp to get a wrench on both the hose and tubeline... :drinkup
Got her done. Didn't have a crows foot so I sacrificed a 7/8ths open end and bent a 90* in it. Using that with a pry bar, I was able to losen the cupling nut. There's nothing to remove to give better access, out side of pulling the cylinder. To pull the cylinder, I'd would have had to remove the left rear tire along with the metal tracks I got on her. Glad I didn't have to do that. Thanks for the replies.
I always keep a set of bargain bin wrenches on hand for "customization" like that! Good job :usa