I want to lift a pallets of salt, im guessing a pallet weighs in at around 2400#s (im i wrong?) If a machine is rated for 2100#s ROC and has a tip load of 4200#s Is the machine adequate enough to lift and carry the pallet of salt or do I need to go with a Higher ROC. Thanks
One problem would be the length of the pallet, capacities are rated based on a certain distance from the bucket/coupler hinge pin point, the longer the load the less the rated capacity. That being said, it may not be the wisest thing to do especially if there's an accident and OSHA shows up, but you should be fine on fairly flat ground.
If your doing that all the time I might get a little bigger machine
2400-2500 is about right. Guessing you aren't buying an SSL just to lift pallets of salt so I doubt it would be very often. For the occasional use, yes it should do just fine.
If the pallet does weigh 2400lbs, you shouldn't have any trouble at all moving it with a 2100lb machine. I regularly unloaded/loaded nearly 4000lb pallets of brick with my 2000lb rated machine. It would be a little hairy on uneven grade but on level ground it was no problem.