Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

873 Bobcat Muffler

w38571 ยท 2015-04-01 18:40

Hard to pay BobCat the 570.00 for a muffler. Anyone know of an aftermarket muffler for a 873 ? Thanks

Replies11
  1. #1lantraxco2015-04-02 02:12

    Think I would build one rather than spend that much...

  2. #2monster762015-04-02 06:11

    There is billion after market myffler t every parts store just look at the demensions one of them would have to.fit

  3. #3LibertyBobcat2015-04-12 18:07

    I just ran my 753 straight piped. :usa Its really not too bad, the fan almost makes more noise then the exhaust. And it cost me 15 bucks!!

  4. #4overworked2015-04-14 07:48

    Only problem with straight pipe is no spark arrestor,

  5. #5LibertyBobcat2015-04-15 12:04

    Is it needed?

  6. #6w385712015-04-15 19:17

    I'm afraid to run an open pipe due to fire & there would be no back pressure on the engine.

  7. #7CM19952015-04-15 21:26

    One of the many reasons I have divorced Bobcat...

  8. #8LibertyBobcat2015-04-19 19:02

    I was in tractor supply the other day and they had a muffler there that could be used. With some modification of course

  9. #9graywolf2015-04-29 09:33

    I did save mine by taking it off and rebuilding it I cut the metal for the ends and mig it and save about 250 dollars, All it took is a little time.

  10. #10steve(ill)2015-05-01 23:46

    we just made a muffle for a T190. I took some 1/8 inch strap 4 inches wide and cut 4 pieces 23 inches long. we welded up a 3 sided box 4 x 4 x 23 and put 3-4 baffles inside, then welded the last side in place. I used the original inlet 180 degree elbow from the old muffler and MIG into place. we bought a 1-3/4 dia stainless flex exhaust pipe 12 inches long and used it on the motor manifold to muffler pipe.

  11. #11stovein2015-05-02 07:39

    diesel engines do not need back pressure and there is no vacuum in the intake also.