Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

873 c series bobcat can’t get parts

harley 1 ยท 2013-05-18 17:01

I have a 873 c series bobcat w/ a bf4m1011 deutz oil cooled engine. It dropped a exhaust valve, embedded in the piston. No bent pushrods or broke timing belt. I bought it @ a sheriff auction about 2 yrs ago. ran great for about a year till this happened. All the serial #'s have been removed from motor and machine. Best I can tell it is about a 96' or 97' as that is the only years I can find a C series. Bobcat says they need a serial # to even start looking for parts, even though I have the # off the rod bearings, it has a 1 notch head gasket. Deutz says if they don't put a serial # in @ first it kicks them right out. They say there is a long stroke , short stroke etc. which does not make since to me sincewhat i need has nothing to do with the stroke. I have also been told there is one engine with 3mm,2mm,3mm piston rings, and one with 3mm, 2.5mm, 3.5mm which is what mine has. I need a piston, exhaust valve, head set, with 1 notch head gasket also going to replace rod bearings even though original ones look good. part # stamped on the original ones is 427 0270. timing belt kit, rings 3mm, 2.5mm, 3.5mm. If anyone has an 873 C series with 873 decal vertical I would love to have an engine serial #. I have found an f series but don't feel comfortable giving that. I have also been asked if the oil cooler lines are side by side or on each end. They are on each end. I have found aftermarket place on the internet but one wants to send me a piston with 3,2,3mm rings, and 3 sets of 3,2.5,3.5mm for the other 3 pistons. Don't sound right either. Not many c series around. If you can help with a serial # off a C series oil cooled deutz I will never forget you. Or any kind of help where i can get the right parts without waiting another month. Thanks very much:Banghead:bash

Replies4
  1. #1Bobcatdan2013-05-19 12:53

    The problem is when looking stuff up, everything is based off of serial number. If there is more then one choice when going between the breaks, a parts guy is going to get nervous because he doesn't have want order the wrong thing. I kinda hate to say it, but unless you are willing to buy all choices and pay a restocking fee for the wrong ones. This is a real rock and a hard spot. Search the lower frame very well as some had the serial number stamped in front or on the side.

  2. #2harley 12013-05-19 23:17

    yes, Bobcat man said there was one stamped in front between the clean out holes , but engine is out and can't get arms up to see. And I don't mind doing that (buying all) but the parts man in Spartanburg, S.C. didn't seem like he cared to help @ all. And I hate to do thst over the internet. But I guess thats my only choice, not another bobcat dealer closse to where I live. Thanks for help though.

  3. #3crewchief8882013-06-18 18:30

    there may be an engine SN stamped on the block. inj pump side, above the oil filter? :beatsme not real sure :drinkup

  4. #4harley 12013-06-18 23:36

    I finally found it about 2 weeks ago. It was on the back side of the block about where the oil filter would be on front. Thanks for the help though!!!!!