Hello. New to the site. My JCB 1400b backhoe works fine until I drive it. Once I start to drive it in either direction the motor gets bogged down. As soon as I push just enough so the loader doesn't move the engine gets all power back. I have to hold the pressure on the loader up or down position while driving. As soon as I let go motor bogs back down
Problem is not many JCB experts here, and JCB won't work in the search. You can try a search engine search with "HeavyEquipmentForums JCB 1400" to see if there's anything helpful. OR, post a picture of the hydraulic pump and valves, that will help narrow down the wild guesses. You and the other new guy both have similar JCB issues. HeavyEquipmentForums
I'm no expert but have owned a 1550-b for 20'ish years. I'm reading your problem... and I stop & think.... 'Gee... if I'm driving my machine and while moving, if I raise the loader, the machine 'bogs down' a bit. and/or.... if I'm driving it and the bucket is fully curled, and I try to curl it more, it will bog down. I'm wondering if you're describing this in reverse? If so, I'm wondering if one of your hoses might be swapped incorrectly, have you recently changed any hoses or did this come out of thin air? In other words, how was it working before this happened and what, if you know, changed?
Thanks for the replies. What I have found was when I relieved the pressure with the loader I was able to get power back. What was causing the power loss was the spool for the bachoe bucket sticking. I was able to drive it around and wiggle each control lever so slightly and found that it was that spool. I could also hear a diffrence in the hydraulics when the spool was in the correct position.
Does that imply it's now working correctly or just that you've narrowed it down? I've never had anything sticking. The only time I have had mine bog is when I intentionally hit a lever (or maybe accidently). The intentional might ben when stationary, looking to move, put into forward BUT, my stabilizers are down so I'll raise them while moving. Poor performance until they're retracted and I let go of the levers....then it's off to the races again.