Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

89 JCB 1550B Fuel Filter #

Rick11 ยท 2015-06-16 19:16

I can't find the number of the lower fuel filter (at frame) for my machine (number unreadable). I tried a search here (man there is a lot of info here) and the manual I bought here doesn't list any filter numbers. The top fuel filter (on side of motor) is Lubfiner L296F would the bottom filter use the same one?

Replies4
  1. #1Rick112015-06-16 19:42

    Ok I think I may be mistaken, is there a filter in this one or is it just a water catcher? I thought it had a filter like this one.

  2. #2lantraxco2015-06-16 19:49

    I'm not an expert on the JCB's, but if that's a perkins engine I think you will find that the other unit is just a water separator, you don't normally replace it, just clean it and/or drain the water out of the bottom. YMMV.

  3. #3Rick112015-06-16 20:03

    Ok thanks, it is a perkins I think I got water in the fuel and wanted to make sure I changed all the filters and drain the tank. It shuts off and when I let it sit for awhile it will start back up and run for an hour or 2.

  4. #4lantraxco2015-06-16 22:43

    Open that drain plug on the separator and put a good amount in a glass jar, you can see the line of separation if there's water with the fuel.