Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

892DLC pump question

typ4 ยท 2010-10-16 17:31

Anyone ever tried combining the flow on one of these old models, it does it in boom up and stick one way ,so I was thinking maybe it could be "cheated" into thinking it needed it in shear operation which is on the bucket lines. Also thursday right at quitting time all the dig functions quit, so checked pump pressures, took out the dig relief, cleaned it ,wasnt dirty, is worn, no change, dark, in the am, fired it up cold still no worky, went to check travel with the boom lever pulled and it raised up , soooo , ordered a new relief, of course its in Illinois. All functions work if you just bareley tickle the travel pedals. So it should combine, just wondering if it has been done here. Thanks Russ

Replies1
  1. #1KenAl2010-10-18 21:53

    I have to go off memory as I don't have a schematic in front of me. There is a way to take the spare spool oil and route it to the bucket. Newer models have an easy way to do it. Yours I believe has to be plumed externally. I will try to find info.