Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

8TM Cat D6R

satkinson ยท 2019-06-12 01:46

Hey all I just bought a year 2000 D6R with 10k hours on the clock yes genuine and verified, it has the 3306 engine in it which is kind of why I bought it, it has an aftermarket undercarriage on it but il just run it off and put a full non system one cat u/c on when the time comes. I find the C9 an expensive engine to keep running. What's every ones thoughts on these early 6rs are they as powerful, what's the fuel burn like on them , are they more reliable or is it just a myth, is there anything I need to look out for on a 3306. Thanks in advance.

Replies3
  1. #1John C.2019-06-14 11:09

    Don't know much about running them, but they were a heck of a lot easier to work on than the T series.

  2. #2satkinson2019-06-14 11:58

    Yeah well that can only be a good thing John, we have had a few issues heui pumps taking out injectors and had issues with cam lifters clips coming off. I bet the old 3306s dont have any of those issues.

  3. #3fiat41b2019-06-30 20:34

    excellent choice I have a lgp model it likes all the mud you can give it and has been very dependable mostly u/c for wear but it runs on all types of jobs honestly with out it we would have been fried it gets the job done im thinking 8 gallons per hr ran fine right beside a d6t