Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

8V92 Coolant in Oil (pictures)

Ruger_556 · 2021-09-25 15:17

Working on an 8V92TA (1994 model with DDEC) and I've got coolant in the oil, I pulled the pan off and there's coolant running down at the back of the engine, the majority of the coolant is coming down the RH side but there is some dripping on the LH side as well from the same place (the LH head gasket was replaced a few years ago). There is no coolant dripping from the airbox drains and there's no oil in the coolant. I don't hardly ever work on these so want to make sure I'm going in the right direction.

Replies4
  1. #1Truck Shop2021-09-25 17:45

    Put 12 lbs pressure against the cooling system and you will probably see a steady flow. Either way it's probably heads off.

  2. #2Vetech632021-09-25 17:57

    I’m betting a water jacket oring has folded.

  3. #3Truck Shop2021-09-25 18:05

    That sounds like a double cheeseburger bet.

  4. #4Bluox2021-09-25 20:00

    Pull the valve covers when you pressurize the cooling system and check around the injectors coppers. Bob