Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

90 xt dying

illinoisboy ยท 2012-08-22 19:22

Our case 90 xt keeps intermittently dying. Fuel is full, any other thoughts? How do I check the cab and seat sensors to see if they r bad? Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1KSSS2012-08-23 11:44

    A seat sensor would explain the hyd not working but not the machine dying. I would first guess that you have a fuel filter issue and go from there.

  2. #2illinoisboy2012-08-23 14:57

    We changed fuel filters. Same thing.. Runs and then just cuts out like u turned the switch off. I hate all this bs electronics on everything these days. Maybe something to do with the ignition and key? Something rubbing and shorting out ?

  3. #3illinoisboy2012-08-23 16:44

    I think it is th fuel shut off solenoid or the relay on the left side of the seat

  4. #4franklinute2012-08-24 10:35

    I did replace the fuel shutoff solenoid on my 90XT. The machine would not start. I called dealer he came out and fixed it.

  5. #5transamz92012-09-04 10:47

    The fuel shut off solenoid are bad on the 90's we have 5 of them and have had to replace them all at least once. Also check the relay. Will it start and run as long as you keep the key in the start position? These solenoids have two sides. One pulls the solenoid when the key is put in the start position and the other holds it in the run position. The run position is always the one that goes bad. BTW, the solenoids are a PITA to change.

  6. #6Jbullfrog2012-10-06 20:35

    Some of the 90xt's have the Yellow time delay relay like the 1845's. These are prone to cracking internally which will cause intermittent shut-down. The hydraulics and controls are disabled with the seat bar. The fuel shut-off is controled by the seat switch and has a 5 second delay when the seat bar is down. Check the number on your relay against the new one, as Case super-sedes the Yellow one to the Black one that most machines use. Quick test, run a power lead to the fuel shut-off with a toggle switch where you can reach it and see if it still shuts down.