I am looking for 900mm plastic bog pads to replace for steel they are from ireland but cant find on internet can any one help? Mant thanks gav
For what machine?
It will be for a hitachi zx70
The only person I know that has installed plastic/rubber-faced track shoes on a small HEX is Fastdirt. As he's in the US he would have got his from a supplier over there. However it might be worth looking at this thread. Who knows, the supplier may have a distributor in the UK. HeavyEquipmentForums - they came from this company http://www.superiortire.com/Content/TP_MAXXimumâ„¢_Bolt_to_Chain Might be a silly question but have you spoken to the Hitachi distributor..?
I assume they have to be offset, or is the machine a special wide chassis?
I have measured and i think can fit them on as the machine is now or will that not work ?
What width of track shoes does the machine have installed right now..? I'm sure that you could go as wide as the largest steel shoe supplied by the manufacturer with no problems. Bigger than that would be up to you to decide what would or wouldn't fit without fouling the machine chassis
600mm seems to be a factory option. After looking at some pictures it looks to me like it would work. As long as the shoes clear the X frame and the center column no worries. It won't turn, but it should float nicely?
It'll turn no problems if you take the weight of the machine with the bucket and screw it round with the swing motor........
900mm is 36" and I doubt they make them that big and if they did they would get destroyed if it's on a heavy machine in the dirt. I went with 600mm 28" which is a special order and they will bend on a 15ton machine. They had 500mm in stock but 600mm had to be pre paid. I dealt with Joe at Midwest Equipment Sales www.tracksandtires.com These other places deal with other brands of "hybrid" track pads. You just have to call them and because they don't list them. Summit Supply at www.tracksandtires.com BLS Enterprises tracks at www.tufpads.com
I was thinking about this again and came up with a question. An excavator user looking for plastic/rubber track shoes usually the reason is to avoid damaging concrete or asphalt surfaces with the grousers on the OEM steel shoes. Now to me that would indicate running the excavator on moderately hard surfaces which would not require a flotation capability. So why on earth are you looking for plastic LGP shoes and can you explain would steel shoes not work for you..?
Working on a golf course and doesn't want to damage the greens?