Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Wanting to start small excavation company. Need help

Sandrell97 ยท 2015-09-07 17:37

Okay so I am curious about starting a small excavation company. My grandfather owned a HVAC/Plumbing business and when the business was sold my father got the IHI 25VX-3 Mini Excavator and trailer that we used for plumbing. I grew up helping my father with the plumbing side of business and I started digging when I was around 8. I am 18 years old now and am now and curious if starting a excavation company would make a good income. I already own the excavator and trailer so all I would need to buy is a truck to pull it with which I own a small SUV and have cash saved cash that I could trade or sell my suv to buy a truck so I would be starting this business debt free. I still live at home and have zero bills and won't be moving out for a few more years so almost every dime I made would be invested back in the business. Any advice or tips would be appreciated. Thank you!

Replies3
  1. #1Sandrell972015-09-07 18:03

    My mistake the excavator is a Komatsu Pc-27 mini excavator our other one was an IHI but the business that bought us out got to keep that one.

  2. #2Orlando2015-09-08 00:51

    Good luck with all, you should do well.

  3. #3Old Junk Man2015-09-08 08:53

    You need to factor in insurance and every little niggly thing that adds to cost of operation. You have a big advantage in having a paid for machine. You don't have to take work just to make payments. Pick your jobs only do work where you can make a really good profit.