Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

9030B Case Excavator

Scrapman · 2023-08-08 23:42

I have a 1999 Case 9030B excavator. I just purchased the machine. I need to add hydraulic oil to the hyd. tank . Could someone please tell me which cover on the top of the tank do I need to remove to put the hydraulic oil in the tank ? Is it the one with 4 bolts with the breather ? Or is it the other one ? Does it even matter which one as long as the oil gets in the tank ? Just trying to be positively sure I don’t get it wrong. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Replies1
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2023-08-10 11:24

    The cover with the breather, remove the large cover, there is a oil strainer with a long stem that is held down with the cover there is a spud that fits in the top of stem, be sure to get it back in place.