Hey guys. Outside of the arm design. Whats the diffrence between a 90 vs 95? Its gotta be more than arms for the extra lift capacity.
A local farmer told me he had both and liked the 90xt much better due to the hydraulics being quicker. Don't know if that's true about the hydraulics across the board or not, but that was his experience. I've owned neither model.
That could be. I have not used either one. Im just starting the shopping process to upgrade from my current hydra mac. The hydra is fine and a solid machine. Sometimes i just find the need to lift more than it can do. I started looking at the large gehl or mustangs. Came across a 95xt. Which lead me to the 90xt. All the specs seem the same except lift. Which i know vertical lift machines will do more. But i cant believe its 700 lbs more
the 95 has a longer wheel base which would make the tire wear a lot worse they are heavy machines any way. have had a 90 for over 18 years they are tough machines
Oh tbey are longer? Ill have to double check that. I read that they were the same chassis and they looked it. That might explain it if its significantly diffrent
if I remember right the 85 is the same wheel base
The 95/465 are built on a longer wheel base. The 90/450 are much faster in their functionality. The bucket functions are especially fast due the design of the linkage which is a design taken from their backhoe. I have never owned one but I always liked running them. Much faster than my 95XT's or 465. My only issue with them was they had a relatively low ROC of 2450. The could handle the big dirt buckets with ease due to their extremely heavy weight, but not so great for lift and carry type jobs.
I do believe there faster. I dont credit it to the linkage design. you hydraulic ram is connected straight to the same rod that actuates the bucket. Theres no mechanical advantage to that
I have compared the cycle times of the two machines from CASE's specs and the 90/450 are considerably faster. I am not sure what else there is to contribute the increase speed to except the linkage. The 85XT and 95XT which shared the same loader arms have almost exactly the same cycle times. The 90XT with the "power tilt" or whatever CASE called that linkage at the time is much faster.
the linkage on the 90 let's it change as it get about 3' off the ground and it makes the tilt cycle a lot faster but you have no breakout force at full height full dump if you are loading into truck at full height and dump you have to be careful when you get the truck almost full you will get the bucket stuck and can get the bucket back out of the truck bed. but at mid height it's dump is so fast that you can throw material a long ways by popping the bucket.they also have good breakout force at ground level.
Lots of guys like the stability of longer wheelbase machines where they have hills or slopes to work on. Not sure if that pertains to you, but something to consider if it does.
It does and does t matter to me. I was going to get a new holland for the stability. Really my goal is lift power. Its not for production. What are the servo controls in these units? I cant find a definitive answer as to how they work
The 95XT is the one you want for lift power. Extremely heavy Duty machine. The servos are comfortable to run, zero kickback in the controls like you get with BC which do not run servos. They are not as effortless as pilots, but better that straight mechanical.
So is it a shock ounted on the linkage? Or what is it exactly
there is centering spring in the top of the hydrostat one of mine has broke the spring a couple of times and it will not stay in neutral and the spring is not available any more. did find something close that will fit. they do have some sort of pilot system in there also that helps with the control but there is a bad part to it when you first start machine and it's cold for the first couple of minutes the cold oil makes it respond funny other than that it's a great system.