Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

91′ 580 SK, Bush/Grease fitting

schwarrm ยท 2014-10-05 00:34

Have an older 91 580 SK, where the loader pins go through the frame and hydaulic and diesel tank, there are 2 fittings. One on each side, can't get them to take grease. I've tried everything except removing the pin itself. The pin is about 3-4ft long that holds the top of the loader arms. Here is a list of all the things I've tried. Cleaned and replaced fittings,stuck wire in hole and cleaned all old grease out,used break fluid, diesel fuel, liquid wrench, in a tool i bought made to clean out fittings. Tried several times, this is a small tool that you hit with a hammer. I have even heated the bushing area and pin with map gas. Dont have an acetaline torch. My question is, does the bushing have a hole in it that accepts the grease. Or is it possible that the bushing has spun where the is no hole. Does the bushing have a single hole and groove or does the hole and groove go all the way around it where it doesn't matter if it does spin? I have spent several hours moving bucket up and down, back and forth, trying to get these fittings to take grease. The only thing i can think of is the bushing has spun. Does anyone know what this particular bushing looks like. Does it have a hole and groove or just a hole? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Kind regards, John

Replies1
  1. #1Tinkerer2014-10-05 07:20

    I think you will find some useful information in this thread. The information in post #13 may best work for you. HeavyEquipmentForums