Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

91′ 580SuperK Transaxle or rear end leak, (where is most common place for leak)

schwarrm ยท 2015-10-07 23:31

CHANGED FLUID IN TRANSAXLE A YEAR AGO. Never noticed a leak, rig broke down today and had to drive backhoe approximately 20 miles. Noticed a lot of fluid coming out of transaxel. Checked the fluid level, and it read over full. My question, is there a vent at the top of the transaxel? I couldn't tell where the fluid was coming from, not from the dipstick hole. The transaxel was also very hot too touch. Any ideas of where the most common place this fluid is coming from? (Could it have blown a seal somewhere)

Replies3
  1. #1melben2015-10-08 08:47

    Not a normal complaint on that transaxle, climb around underneath, you should have no problem seeing where it is running down from. If severely overfilled it could push it out a breather and overfill can cause an overheat condition especially roading if drastically overfull. Mel

  2. #2amunderdog2015-10-08 11:09

    You can also pull the floor plates and inspect it from the top

  3. #3schwarrm2015-10-09 20:01

    Thanks for the replies everyone I check my fluid I had approximately 2 gallons too much it appeared to be coming out of the top somewhere I did not pull the floor cover evidently draining the fluid helped the lake appears to be gone now once again thanks everyone