Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

91 komatsu pc40 or 02 new holland ec35

weekend warrior ยท 2012-03-15 12:20

I'm buying my first excavator, (renting is getting expensive) I found a 91 Komatsu PC 40 Excavator. New rubber tracks, new pump coupler, ring gear and starter. Open cab, grading blade. With 8440.hours. New tracks (approx 100 hours since installed) it has Maintenance records for 13000 Or... 02 New Holland EC 35 Excavator. New rubber tracks, pattern changer, aux hydraulics for thumb, 24" bucket, grading blade. 2709 hours with maintenance records also available. For 15000 Has anyone used these machines before ? Any suggestions? I know the komatsu is bigger (10000 lb) but its also 11 years older. And the auxiliary hydraulics will be good to put a thumb on. Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1roadbuilder62012-03-15 19:36

    The new holland would be better because of the facts its newer and has the aux hyd for the thumb. A hydraulic thumb makes the exacavtor much more versitile

  2. #2weekend warrior2012-03-16 07:09

    Yeah the komatsu caught my eye first an it is bigger then I saw the new Holland, and its not much more. I was hopping to find something online to tell me to stay away from one, or buy the other.

  3. #3xcmark2012-03-16 16:41

    I would hold out to find something like the Kamatsu but with less hours , the new thing resale value isnt as good and not as good of machine in my opinion. I have seen a PC 75 on craigs list in Bellingham Ma a few times last fall , I dont think it sold because of the time of year. take a look .

  4. #4weekend warrior2012-03-18 23:12

    Thanks I'm really eager to buy a piece of equipment and it a pretty big investment to buy the wrong one. Everyone has different opinions on what to buy and what not to buy.

  5. #5shopguy2012-03-18 23:53

    I would look at machinerytrader.com maybe not only to buy but to see how popular one or the other is, remember if you have the only one they made dont expect much in the way of parts and service. hope this helps