Have a CAT 910E it is a 1989 wheel loader for my use around the acreage of my house. While plowing snow today, right its April 19 and plowing snow !, the loader started to (first time I noticed it), to slowly engage the transmission when changing forward to reverse, and reverse to forward; this was after it operated for over one hour pushing snow. I would stop the loader dump the bucket load of snow and give it fuel to move in reverse and the transmission would not engage until a few seconds past. Tried it changing to forward gear and same thing happens. It did not do this before and I have had the old loader for several years now. Transmission is a powershift with 4 forward and three reverse. Put it in the barn and checked the transmission fluid it is slightly above the full mark with engine at idel. Any one have an idea what could be wrong?
I don't know your machine but it could be the declutcher sticking.
I as well am not familiar with the 910. However on other cat power shift trans. This problem could be from low trans pressure. Stopped up trans filter, worn pump, regulater valve, modulator valve, dump valve, flow control valve. Change the filter and look for contaminates in the old one. Then locate the pressure check fittings and get a 500 or 1000 psi gauge to check it out. It should have around 300 psi all the time except for brief moment when shifting.