I am in the process of fitting an old hoe that is about a 1986, to my skid steer I have to do a bit of fabrication to make it fit, but I wanted to just put hydraulics to it first to check it out. I don't have a book on it yet.. Its been in inside storage for many,many years. but has very little use. my problem is I don't realy know which is the input line to the control valve. the two hoses enter on the right hand side and are top and bottom location. I thought the top hose was the input, but when I went to work the function I got very little move ment from any function. It could be a stuck main releif valve, or the oil flow could be wrong. Before I go further I must first make sure the flow is in the right direction. I don't want to just swtch it and damage the valve. So if someone out there has a picture of the oil flow dirction or can verify which hose is the input it would realy help me out. Thanks, I look forward to any help.
Just swap the hose ends on the backhoe , I had the exact same issue with putting my bobcat 8811 backhoe on my JCB. The only thing it would do is move the out rigers up and down on that, all other boom features would not move . after the swap no problems.
It's funny that you should be bringing up the want to install an older 911 onto a newer skid-steer ........ I too am trying to aquire one that a buddy of mine has, and would put it on a newer BC A-300 ...... what are you going to install your's onto ? .... Generally, even though the older attachments don't have flat-face couplers installed, the male/female coupler orientation is still the same to indicate the direction of flow ....... did the hoe already have hoses on ? ...... if not do as xmark suggests, swaping the ends around won't hurt a thing .... let us know how you make out .......
Thanks guys, That was the bug hoses were swapped.It had one flat faced coupler and one agr style. The input hose was on the bottom of the Husco valve. The hoe is like new,and very well built. I am installing it on a HT-65 Racoon. . I have not finished the complete mount yet. It's tough to get a frame mount area on the skid steer frame. I ran it for about an hour, no leaks pistons are like new . It's a heavy unit, but my machine holds it nice. It was a town attachment, less than 40 hrs on it, and had been stored in a heated warehouse !986 build date. I was a little scared the seals might have dried up, but not a weap. I wont realy know till I pound a few stumps out. It was a good find for the price. Thanks again for the replies...
And that was ? ...... Pm me if you don't want the competition to know .....LOL ..... I'm curious for when I go to make an offer on the one I know of ..... that'll give me some fuel for a starting point ....Thanx .... GK
I paid $3200 for the 8811 that I got , it came with a 36" clean up and a 24" tooth bucket both buckets have about 70% of the factory paint on it. Tops the backhoe has 20hours of digging time. the origianl owner was the guy I got it from got it to clear and install a septic system in beach sand , Biggest problem was he got a S-300 without tracks and had solid demo type tire installed at the dealer before he took delivery. I would say $2500 for a 911 is a fair price not a steel if its in great shape . I have seen the John deere 911 with the extahoe for around $4000 in line new condtion. It took a fair amount of fab work to put a 8811 on my one sided arm JCB but I used the factory bobcat quick lock arm and fabed up a locking point on the front of mine where the heater box is . It all fits very tight but it can be done.
Asking price $2200. offered 1700, He delivered 50 miles for$100. $1800. I wouldn't sell this unit for less than $5000.. owever a rare find. Hoe attachments in my area are advertised from $850 to $4500. A have owned several in the past 10 years. Bradco makes a good unit. john deere 900 series pro models are nice units also . To bad owners leave them laying out side , they rust up pretty bad. Lot of bobcat units for sale, a lot of the rentel places don't want to rent any more Too many accidents. It's kind of tough to buy a hoe attachment , because you in most cases can't hook them up to realy try them out. Good range for decent unit is 2000 to 4000. good luck
This is how mine came out. LiTW three-point tractor mount. Sweet!