Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

9180 Steiger hyd remotes.

southernman13 · 2022-02-06 09:14

We have one that has 4 sets. We hooked our dirt pan to and and have been using it. It just wasn’t acting right. I switched remotes and it came to life. So of the 4 sets 2 are fine. One set the bowl lifts slow after the gate opens fully. The other set doesn’t work at all. Very strange. Where should I start? Do the little valves where the connections plug in go bad? Seems I read on here someone had trouble and that’s where it was. Thanks

Replies5
  1. #156wrench2022-02-06 10:45

    The individual flow control valve for each of the 4 sections probably just needs to be opened to the max-flow position. Some tractors have the little round knob at the rear of the remote lever slot in the cab console. Some tractors had all 4 knobs, some had none. They could also be added on if desired. The knob attached to the end of a wire cable(similar to the inner core of a speedometer cable) and the other end attached to the little serrated shaft sticking up out of the remote valve sections of the valve bank under the shield on the rh side of the tractor below the cab. Those little flow control valves can be set manually by turning the little serrated shaft but quite often they are seized due to rust. They are easy to remove, disassemble, reseal and reinstall. There should be a little stop-pin to limit the adjustment range unless somebody has broken them off. Be very careful with them if they are seized. You do not want to twist one off. They should move fairly easy, if not they are starting to seize.

  2. #2southernman132022-02-06 10:59

    Well I should have said that those are all working properly and they’re all turned to the same position I meant to say that in my original post thanks

  3. #356wrench2022-02-06 11:06

    On the two that don't work properly, try turning them the other way. If somebody has had them apart and put the spring pin on the wrong side of the stop pin, if i recall correctly, they could work somewhat backwards but i could be wrong

  4. #4southernman132022-02-06 11:09

    OK thank you I’ll try that I don’t believe we tried that already

  5. #5southernman132022-02-21 06:08

    Big Tractor Parts (Jay) told me what is was. There’s a small screw in the middle of each valve. There’s an oring real small on each one. He said it would be blown or broken. He was right!! One smart man right there. Simple fix for A change lol