Im looking at a hitachi ex200lc at the moment at a rb sale and I was wondering if this is a dash 2 machine? Also the boom has had some welding done to it where the main cylinder pins are. Im hoping it can be picked up cheap.
If it's the one in Edmonton then yes it is. Serial number starts with 147 on dash 2 machines. Happy bidding
Yea it is... what do you think?
I'm by no means an expert but I do have a little bit of experience with my 200-2. I'm sure others more knowledgeable than me will chime in here and give you better advice than I can. From the pics it looks like it's been well used. Having said that, if it's had proper maintenance it would probably make a decent machine for occasional use. I would say if you have a chance to go and fire it up to make sure it works good it would be time well spent. These dash 2 machines can be problematic in the electronics and repairs can be pricey so make sure all that works. Otherwise I think they're a good machine. Since I got the electrical problems on my 200-2 sorted out it's been a great machine. If you can get it for a good price I'd say go for it.
Well I cant really afford anything more than 20 grand right now..... so.. im kinda limited. It wouldnt be used very much so as long as it works im fine with that.
Mine sold at auction for around $14000 some time before I owned it. I think for what you want to do with it it will work out just fine. If you end up buying it and need any help with repairs and such, I'm just "down the road" in Calgary...
Im always scared a RB auctions though... stuff been known to go high. I was at farm sale last year in april and a ex120 1992 with over 14000 hours sold for 25,000. I stopped at 15.. I wasnt going any higher for that machine. Thank you for the help in advance. If I do get it and have questions, you will be the first I ask.
Make sure you test run it, get it hot, the pump displacment solenoids may work fine cold but when the hyd oil gets hot and thins out they bypass internally and cause erratic controll.
Thanks Iron.... Amazing what some paint does hey.. I looked at the pictures today and they were all changed. I thought it wasnt the same machine until I saw the welded plate on the boom. Crap That just boosted the price by a couple thousand probably.
Amazing what a layer of paint can do!
Well I didnt get it. It ended up selling for 25,000 If I would have known that I would have bought the newer one that was there that wasnt all cracked up and welded. It must have been the paint I guess.
Well I found a John Deere 94 790 elc with a new undercarridge new batteries and pumps redone at 1000 hours ago. Machine has 15,000 hours on it. I bought it for 30,000! Did I get a good deal. Originaly wanted 38?
Considering what that other one went for at auction I think you did alright, a new undercarriage for those things has to be worth a few bucks as well. Got any pictures of it? Hope it turns out to be a good machine for you!
I will have some pics when I get it hauled here
Hey spitzair... I got my machine home and was trying it out today. Works good but I ran into a problem. First off I dont really know what half the buttons are for on the side dash... just the idle speed buttons. Now it worked fine before but today when I went to press the e button to speed the engine up more it reved up and down. Pressing the other buttons didnt work until I just used the up down arrow. Then it was running in high idle. Whats up with that? Now I cant get it to do anything but just ldle. I took some pics but the uploader wont accept them cause they are took big.. Have em on here tomorow sometime.
I'll have a look at my manuals when I get a chance to see what all the buttons should do. The E button as far as I know is "ecconomy mode" and it drops your RPMs down some if I'm not mistaken. The up and down arrows are indeed for manually setting the RPMs on the engine. On my machine, because of all the electrical issues it had, they put in a manual throttle so my buttons no longer do anything useful... I'll get back to you in a bit with more once I find my manuals.
Oilerman, Here's a picture of the control panel from my Hitachi EX-2 manual, I think it's the same as the E series John Deeres, hope it helps at least a bit... I just saw your other post, looks like shopguy is right on the money about your throttle cable. Where abouts in Alberta are you? I could possibly zoom out on a weekend if you're not too far away and see if we can't get this thing figured out. And here's what all the buttons and indicators are: SWITCH PANEL 2 1 -Decelerator Switch 2 -Accelerator Switch 3 -Power (P) Mode Switch 4 -Economy (E) Mode Switch 5 -Light (L) Mode Switch 6 -Slow Idle (I) Mode Switch 7 -Power (P) Mode Indicator 8 -Economy (E) Mode Indicator 9 -Light (L) Mode Indicator 10 - Slow Idle (I) Mode Indicator 11 -Hydraulic Warm-Up Switch 12 -Hydraulic Warm-Up Indicator 13 -Travel Speed Increase Switch 14 -Travel Speed Decrease Switch 15 -Travel Speed Indicator (Fast Speed) 16 -Travel Speed Indicator (Medium Speed) 17 -Travel Speed Indicator (Slow Speed) 18 -Work Mode Selector Switch 19 -General Purpose Mode Indicator 20 -Trenching Mode Indicator 21 -Grading Mode Indicator 22 -Precision Mode Indicator 23 -Auto-Idle Switch 24 -Auto-Idle Indicator Hope this helps! Good luck.
Thanks a bunch spitzair!!! Now at least I know what they mean and what they are for. I am near Grande Prairie so I think you mentioned you were down in calgary so thats a fair haul up here haha.. But thanks for the offer anyway Im going to try and put the pics up tonight and yes I am going to go check out the cable as soon as I have time.
Here are a few pics....
sorry for the sideways pics....still learning how to use my iphone.
Yeah, that is a bit of a drive... Oh well, thought I'd offer... That looks like a decent machine from the pictures, hope you get the engine speed issue solved.
O I thought it was on the side of a bluff after all its a deer
Naw if that did happen it was most likely the operator haha
Sspitzar... read my other post.
Im an apprentice training as diesel plant fitter please may you assist how should i go around with my training process and hey wats a dash 2 hw do you classify the dashes
Your in the wrong part of this forum me thinks.
So were exactly can i get help i thought interracting with geniuses will make me one quickly