Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New to me Daewoo/Doosan 140 arrived

Boiled Owl ยท 2012-02-25 18:13

From it's long journey from WA. 2006 model. Low hours, one owner, well maintained. Progressive link thumb and Hydraulic coupler. Here is a picture with my other orange thing (Kubota tractor) Well pleased, piled and burned some brush right after I washed it. Hydraulics are quicker than I'm used to.

Replies25
  1. #1pafarmer2012-02-25 19:01

    WOW !! Great looking digger..............thanks for posting.

  2. #2stumpjumper832012-02-25 20:17

    lookin at one of those myself, an 04' model, do you mind discussing details?

  3. #3Boiled Owl2012-02-25 20:40

    Ask away!

  4. #4Colorado Digger2012-02-25 20:44

    congrats on the new machine. be interested to hear how the doosan performs. looks nice and comfy and in very good shape.

  5. #5stumpjumper832012-02-25 20:55

    how many hrs and what did it cost?

  6. #6Boiled Owl2012-02-25 21:33

    I have a dealer about 25 miles away. They say the resale isn't as good, but buying it used, the original owner took the worst depreciation. I bought it from the owner and he took care of it. It's got less than 1300 hrs so it should last quite awhile. It's has a smooth, 6 cylinder engine usually see 4 cylinder in this size machine.

  7. #7Boiled Owl2012-02-25 21:36

    email me with $$ questions!

  8. #8DoosanFan2012-02-26 01:40

    Lovely stuff Owl, look after her

  9. #9Rudolf732012-03-02 20:59

    Looking good! Can't wait to some some videos.

  10. #10roadrunner812012-03-03 10:12

    Did that machine come out of Belfair, Wa?

  11. #11Boiled Owl2012-03-03 10:29

    Sure did! Do you know the owner? I went out and looked. Before I bought pretty confident the machine is sound and true. Can't find machines equipped like that one here in Midwest

  12. #12hvy 1ton2012-03-03 19:51

    Well, that explains the pin grabber with the link thumb. Would have pegged you for being in the PNW off of the hardware.

  13. #13roadbuilder62012-03-04 11:34

    awesome

  14. #14roadrunner812012-03-04 22:08

    Just curious, I had seen it on craigslist as well as sitting in a clearing while on my way to go dirt biking several times. Looked like a nice little machine.:drinkup

  15. #15MunkyMayhem2012-03-05 10:42

    Let me know what you think of it. I know more and more of these are hitting the used market because of the shortage of CAT & Komatsu. What will you be using it for?

  16. #16DirtHauler2012-03-05 11:28

    Just curious, does that mean we are doing things right up here in the PNW? I have never lived anywhere else, so I figured everyone did things this way.

  17. #17pp13bnos2012-03-05 14:16

    I was wondering about that too, but I don't have much excavator exp, so I was just going to keep my mouth shut.

  18. #18hvy 1ton2012-03-06 00:33

    They sure are handy, but sure can make a long stick 160 a bit light. For whatever reason they are few and far between compared to your part of the country.

  19. #19nedly052012-03-06 05:21

    I can ususally spot a machine from the PNW by the progressive linkage thumb and the type of buckets. Out west the narrower deeper clean up buckets seem to be more popular, where back east the wider lower profile buckets are more the norm. The biggest thing to me about a PNW excavator, they alomst always have a progressive linkage thumb. Around me the weld on stick mount type are more popular, and down south the weld on manual type seem to be more popular. I'm a big fan of "PNW" excavators, I have often thought about purchasing one out there and having it shipped home myself. While the initial purchase price may be more, you are buying a machine with alot of money invested in attachments!

  20. #20joispoi2012-03-06 07:43

    If you can get past the fact that the undercarriage only has 97% of its factory paint, that's a very clean machine. Congrats and good luck with it.

  21. #21Boiled Owl2012-03-06 09:04

    I'm going to use it for clean up at the farms. Fence and fence lines, stumps, clearing, demo of buildings, tile repair, digging footings, etc. I also have a son who is almost 14 that likes this kind of stuff, might be a way for him to make some money down the road. In the end the machine is equipped very well. I bought this outfit for $15.5K more than the 320B I sold including delivery. Gained the thumb, the coupler, 9 years newer, 3000 less hours. I know it's not a CAT. But most of the initial depreciation is out of it and it won't be leaving here for a long time. The long stick with the extra weight of the thumb does make it tippy, esp if your tracking along the fence and try to pick off the side at max reach. The main thing I've noticed in the few hours I run is less reach with the shorter boom. But I'm a lot more efficient with the thumb.

  22. #22Boiled Owl2012-03-06 09:08

    It's a small world! He had it on craigslist. I found it on machinery trader. Owner is a good guy. Still uses his mini and operates in the union. (it's little, but if you know how to use your tool.....!)

  23. #23DirtHauler2012-03-06 10:01

    I have noticed many of the PNW machines have extra weight added to the top or bottom of the counterweight to compensate for the thumb I assume. Most of them seem to be factory looking, so i am not sure if they are avalible for the doosan yet. If its just a farm machine, you might not need to worry about adding extra conterweight. I understand it adds more stress to the swing bearing over the life of the machine.

  24. #24stock2012-10-27 15:56

    So how has it performed??

  25. #25Boiled Owl2012-10-27 18:03

    I sold my 320B, which would out dig this one by a decent margin. But when it comes to clean up the thumb rocks. Clean up and fence lines are mainly what I'm doing on the farm. I also get along well with it working in confined areas, under & near trees etc. Uses less fuel in a day also. Seat cover has a spot worn thru along the edge now. That stuff is cheesy compared to Cat.