I am going nuts. I had the curl cyl re sealed and it started growling real bad, so I took it back off along with a lift cyl that started leaking all of a sudden. They said there was nothing wrong with the curl cyl.,but now the curl cyl. is ok but the lift cyl. is really growling. Pressures at idle are 700 lbs lift no load and 500 lbs curl no load. at 1500 rpm pressure increases to 1100 lift no load and 800 curl no load. Lift w/bucket full 1800 lbs. approx 1500 rpm. The serial # CAT0928GVDJD00678. It also willnot lift and curl at the same time by the joystick, it still automatic levels by itself. Lift and curl are slower than before but will still lift a full bucket but growls like heck. Also the brake hydraulic pressure light on dash is coming on w/ warning. I saw a post by WHY WHY ZED say this machine has 3 pummps? Brakes/Fan, Steering, and Implements? Any help? I am losing my raer on this one.
The brake light is likely due to the brake charging solenoid valve within the pump. Your machine has never had the pump replaced and there is an updated pump to replace the old style for this exact reason. This is the brake/fan pump in the engine. The growling sounds like the implement pump. It could be sucking air and cavitating but it is a vane pump and they have been known to crack due to overheating them. Is the growling coming from under the cab? the pumps are under the cab, Steering, Implement and the small one on the end is the pilot pump.
kbryant I`ve tightened all hoses I tightened all the hoses, the noise is coming from the front and the pressure huse from the pump block to the directional circut control valve up front. You can see the hose jumping like crazy. Are all the pumps right in the main pump under cab? I don`t see pilot pump
kbryant serial# CAT0928GVDJD00678 You can also see the press hose vibrating badly giong up to the curl cyl Thanks
If the hose is jumping it's likely a pump problem. If you could get a gauge and test the pressure, check it at hyd stall between full and half or less throttle. If the pump is bad it you should see a bad needle flutter under load and the stall pressure fall off big time from full throttle. Then change the hyd filter and cut it open, likely be full of knardnarvels. Knardnarvels in a hyd tank multiply faster than rabbits. Later Bob
with load at half throttle 1400 lbs. pegged 3200 lbs.
A good fixed displacement system should hold 90% of full throttle pressure at half throttle or less(3200 to 2880, I sometimes say low idle but it often stalls the engine if pump is good) cut the filter open now. If you find what I suspect you need a big cleanout. If you have many cyls off I would change oil and filter, flush out tank, hook all cyl lines together change pump put in new oil and run it, working all circuits both ways changing the filter a few times, cutting open untill you get a clean filter. Otherwise the entire system needs to come apart and everything washed. The steering cyls need looping and the brake lines disconnected and flushed out. They all use hyd oil. Later Bob
I too would cut open the filter but a vane pump can crack so there wont be any debris in the filter. you can get a reman cartridge if it has failed.
At full pressure, maxing it out, at full throttle the psi is 3200lbs and at half throttle it is 2800lbs. I will cut open filter today. Thanks
Cut the filyer open and it is clean. No clumps, no metal, no brass. Maybe in the dual circut control valve or pressure regulator, on pump?